KNOW YOUR DOCTOR
Born in Indore and educated in Pune and Nadiad, Dr. Rajesh Kukreja choose the medical career to fulfill his mother’s inmost dream. Interest in Urology branch came natural to him since his initial days of surgical training.
After completing his M.B.B.S. and M.S. from BJ Medical College, Pune, he moved to Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital (MPUH), Nadiad to pursue DNB in Genito-Urinary surgery.
Dr Kukreja was bestowed with the H.S. Bhat Gold Medal by Past President of India Dr. Abdul Kalam forhis academic excellence and standing the first in the country in the National Board examinations of Urology for the year 2001.
After being a consultant at Nadiad for two years, Dr. Rajesh attained a one year International Fellowship in Endourology, Laparoscopy and SWL from World Endourological Society.
He made the country proud by achieving First Prize for Clinical Research in Endourology (Montreal, Canada) in September 2003 and became the first Asian and second Non-American to receive it. His research was on “Factors affecting Blood Loss in PCNL”.
PCNL and recent modifications (MiniPCNL and RIRS) are endoscopic treatments for kidney stones. Expertise and specialization in these techniques have given him national and international accolades.
Besides endoscopic surgery (Endourology), Dr Rajesh Kukreja also sub-specialized in Paediatric urology and Reconstructive urology by taking interim training at Sick Kids-Toronto, Canada and Arezzo, Italy respectively.
*The Times of India group and Bhaskar group recognized him as a Wellness wizard of the medical fraternity who has made a significant contribution to the health care industry in Madhya Pradesh.
Dr.Kukreja sustains that the quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
After all it is technique behind technology and man behind the machine that offers the cutting edge. And hence, his focus on continuous upgrading of knowledge along with technology brought him many marvels.
By the end of year 2019, he has successfully performed a series of more than of 10000 cases of kidney stone removal endoscopically thro PCNL, Mini PNL & RIRS(thro’ Flexible ureteroscope & holmium laser), the youngest patient operated being a 11 month old boy. This number also includes more than 500 children operated for stones (one of the largest in the world).
While at Nadiad, he accomplished 160 cases of paediatric PCNLs, perhaps the highest in the world.
Apart from his publications in national and international journals, he is often invited to conduct workshops, has held training programs, delivered lectures and chaired sessions internationally. His experience and recommendations are also sought by international companies innovating new micro-endoscopes before launching globally.
• September 2019 : Healthcare award for contribution in medical field in Indore.
• 22nd July, 2019 : Urocare Hospital, a specialty hospital for Urology and Minimally invasive surgery started.
• 6th May 2018 : Awarded the reputed Dr S K Mukherjee award for contribution in medical field in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
• 3rd March 2012 : Was felicitated as Wellness Wizards of MP state by ExChief Minister Mr Babulal Gaur
• 17th August, 2005 : Launched his day care centre of super speciality laser urology clinic
• December 2003 : Joined Bombay Hospital Indore as Consultant Urologist
• September 2003 : Completed his World Endourology Fellowship and received the Fellowship degree and award for First prize in Clinical research at Montreal, Canada.
• 2001 : Dr.Kukreja was bestowed with the H.S. Bhat Gold Medal, by Past President of India Dr.Abdul Kalam, for standing first in the country in Urology super specialization by Diplomat National Board
• 1997: MS(Master of Surgery) from BJ Medical College,Pune
• 1993: MBBS(Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) from BJ Medical College, Pune
Deliberations and Demonstrations:
• Demonstrated live surgeries (MiniPCNL and RIRS) at 20 different workshops all over India.
• Semilive Pediatric PCNL demonstration at SIU 2016, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
• Conducted and chaired the Indian Section Endourology Meetings at World Congress Endourology at Vancouver, Sept 2017, and Paris, Sept 2018.
• Conducted 20 symposiums at international meetings and 50 at national meetings.
• Published 10 papers in international journals..
• Delivered more than 100 talks in national and international meetings.